NEW GENERATION COAGULANT WITH THE MICRO-FLOCK TECHNOLOGY INTENDED AT THE PAPER INDUSTRY
Implementation of R&D research for the production of chemicals of high activity and polymerization processes for the production of paper with 100% basicity and 99.999% purity.
Development of Polyaluminum Chloride (PAC) to meet the requirements of the paper industry and building an R&D labs to measure and study the extent to which the customer's expectations are satisfied. Performing the industrial production of the tested product.
Scope of the Project;
Establishing a lab to test the compliance of the products to be developed with the customer demand and to carry out R&D practices.
In relation to the requirements of the sector, the grounds presented, the goals to achieve and the changes to be implemented by the project can be summarized as follows:
1. Providing increase in the usage rate of the result and cost-effective chemicals.
2. Providing quality increase in paper industry.
3. Empowering the capacity of the R&D Department on developing new products and processes.
4. Generating increase in employment.
Improving the existing properties of the Polyaluminum Chloride Hydroxide commercially titled as PAC-PRS (registered trademark) and making it more active by the end of one year after to obtain “New PAC-PRS” and developing active chemical used in the paper industry.
The specifications of our product targeted to be improved within the R&D and Innovation Project can be listed as follows:
- Improve the current basicity of 73% of the PAC product up to 100%.
- To reduce the color and turbudity values of the products that are 50 PtCo (Platinium Cobalt) to "0" (zero) PtCo.
- To remove the ions other than Al+3 contained in the products (Fe, Mg etc.) and the contaminations. Namely to make the product in the form of pure aluminum ion.
- To develop the active conservation of mass in PAC-PRS (Al2O3) and the effect (by increasing the OH number).
- The properties of the paper to be produced through new PAC-PRS targeted to be developed are as follows:
- To increase the whiteness value from 18,50 ASTM to 30 ASTM,
- To increase the luminance value from 43,13 ISO to minimum 50 ISO.
- To decrease the yellowness value from 15.93 ASTM to minimum 10 ASTM.
- To increase the retention and formation ratio in paper production.
- Reducing the concumption of chemicals in paper production.
- Throughout the basicity of the product, to reduce the depreciation of the machinery and equipment constituting the production line and thus to save maintenance time and replacement parts.
- During the production, to reduce the rate of undersize pulp.
The Undersize Cellulose Loss Will Be Reduced In consequence of the R&D procedures, the chemicals providing the required high viscosity will be obtained. For reducing the rate of undersize pulp, the product with higher polymerization is required. For increasing the polymerization value, the basicity will be tried to be increased. Our intention through this process is to reduce the rate of free chloride and sulphate.
PAC use in paper production not only will provide the pulp and scrap retention but also will increase the retention of other chemicals. Consequently consumption of all chemicals will be reduced.
Paper Import Will Diminish Thanks to the specifications of our product, in terms of both the pricing and the product quality, achieving the desired results in paper production will be assisted.
Non oxidizing Paper
The main problem in paper use is the oxidization. The yellowing on paper results from the oxidizing caused by the acidic chemicals. However 100% basic PAC will prevent this. Furthermore, the oxidization caused by the user contact through the basic and environment friendly product and the yellowing on the paper and the toxic impacts over the users’ skin could be avoided. Within the framework of adapting the EU laws, the above mentioned specifications are among important criteria for paper.